Dec 27 , 2019
1. Did you know that turtles are one of the oldest reptiles in the world even before snakes, crocodiles and alligators?
2. They have existed for over 215 million years.
3. The largest turtle could weigh up to 900 kgs
4. Turtles are ‘amniotes’ – they breathe air and lay their eggs on land, although many species live in or around water.
5. Turtles lay eggs
6. Aquatic turtles still need land
7. All turtles carry salmonella so make sure you wash your hands after handling them.
8. Turtles need vegetables as well. Turtles have a high requirement for vitamin A in their diets since they are not able to store it in their body.
9. Turtles recognize who their owner is!
10. Turtles they are a great company and a friend to have around.